AFA Scotland is delighted to be able to offer a new workshop on Life Story Work to be held on Tuesday 4 September, 2018.
Originally this was being held in Glasgow but will now take place at the AFA Scotland Office, Leith, Edinburgh and we are delighted that Jennifer Bell has agreed to facilitate this alongside our Trainer/Consultant Jane Steele.
The workshop will help busy practitioners think about what life story work means in their work setting and how best to go about it and would be suitable for social workers and social work assistants who have responsibility for undertaking lifestory work with fostered or adopted children. Delegates will gain an understanding of:
- what is involved in life story work;
- how to overcome some of the barriers to carrying it out;
- who else can help;
- planning and preparation;
- communicating with children;
- practical advice on compiling a life story book.
If you would like more information or to download a booking form, please click on this link